Setting up your free school page on AdoptAClassroom.org is designed to be quick and easy, but we understand you may have some questions along the way. One thing we want to make sure all of our School Program users understand is what it means to have a school fundraising page that is public, vs. one that is kept private.
When you register your school on AdoptAClassroom.org, you can choose to make your school fundraising page public, or keep it private.
Whether you have a public or private page, your school will be eligible to receive funds through our national network of corporate sponsors and foundations, and you will receive notification of grant opportunities. But, there are some key differences between public and private pages.
What is a “public” page?
- A public page will be visible on our website so donors across the country can learn more about your school and fundraising needs.
- When donors visit AdoptAClassroom.org, they can find the school pages that are public by clicking on “Donate,” and selecting “Find A School.” They can also read about the different schools and their unique fundraising needs. If you chose to upload a photo or video on your page to help tell your story, donors will be able to view those as well.
- To view the school pages that are public on our site, click here. If you choose to make your school fundraising page public, it will appear on our site with the other public pages.
- To ensure full compliance with district fundraising policies, before your school page can be made public, we require an approval letter from your district. View our template letter here for guidance on what the letter should say. Your school page will be private until we receive an approval letter.
What are the benefits of a public page?
- An easy way to reach out to your school’s community network to raise funds. Principals, PTO/PTAs, faculty, and parents may share and promote your school donation page, asking family, friends, and local businesses to donate.
- Increased access to funding. Your school page will be visible to our national network of donors. This gives your school more exposure to potential donors you may not have a connection with already.
If you choose to make your school page public, please read these fundraising tips on our blog.
What is a “private” page?
- A private page is not searchable online or visible on our website. The only person who can see your page is you.
- Since the page is not public, you do not need a letter of approval from your district. AdoptAClassroom.org does not require an approval letter for private pages because they cannot be used for crowdfunding. Our goal is to be a good partner for schools and for their districts. We understand that your district may have concerns about crowdfunding, and may even have a policy in place that restricts, or places specific rules around crowdfunding. If this is the case in your district, a private fundraising page is a great option for your school.
- While private fundraising pages are not visible on our site, they do give your school access to funding opportunities from corporate sponsors, foundations, and AdoptAClassroom.org grants. Once your school is registered, you will receive updates on these funding opportunities via the email address you provide during the registration process.
Haven’t created your school page yet? Click here to complete your free and quick registration for our School Program.